Sunday, July 19, 2015

Poetry--Spiritual Awakening (from the 1990s)



photo by Patricia Herlevi
















Glistening
(Now I understand)
By Patricia Herlevi 

See my pain, shining to you
Like a beacon.
Now locate it, rub it out.
See my light shining brighter
As you remove illusions from my eyes.

The dreams appear in vivid colors.
We are together, laughing,
Our tearstain faces staring at the sun.
Tears that glisten like diamonds
And sparkle as they dry on our lashes.

We smile victoriously for we
Reached out and found
Our own hands to guide us.
We no longer need the darkness
To teach us.  We know
Who we have already been.

We claim our birthrights, stars,
Galaxies, more than we could ever
Imagine.  I feel my energy
Pulsating, my fires burn
Like the sun we once kissed.

We shoot over the horizon
While others make wishes
On our ghosts.
For we are a million light years
From where we began.

All Rights Reserved from the manuscript "Encantada"


No comments:

Post a Comment